We’re fired up for a summer of live music & some awesome B*M*B solo shows and to celebrate we’re doing another contest honoring our awesome pet friends that have stuck with us through these challenging times. We know they’re ready to have nothing but a good time as much as we are! This is chance for you to show your four-legged (or two-legged, or no-legged) friends strutting their stuff. All you have to do is “Rock Your Pet Like Bret.”
Here are the details:
- Dress your pet in one of Bret’s famous, iconic looks and take a photo of it. You can choose any look that is commonly associated with Bret. Some options include Football Bret, Motorcycle Bret, Country Rocker Bret, Masked Singer Banana Bret, or your favorite On-Stage Rocker Bret complete with signature bandana and shades.
- Submission period has ended. Check the home page for finalists and the winner.
- Team Bret will choose the winner from those posted.
- The prize is a cool 1000 bones – that means $500 to you and your pet, plus another $500 donated by the Life Rocks Foundation to your favorite 501c3 pet-related charity.
For full legal rules, see below.
Good luck and we can’t wait to see the pics!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: “Rock Your Pet Like Bret 2” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada excluding Quebec who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees, paid guides, athletes, and influencers of Michaels Entertainment Group, Inc., and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of the foregoing, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Michaels Entertainment Group, Inc., 20750 Ventura Blvd #342, Woodland Hills, CA, 91364
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on June 30, 2021, at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on July 16, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The servers of Michaels Entertainment Group are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
As of 7/28/21 this contest has been extended to allow submissions through August 1, 2021 at 11:59: 59 p.m. ET
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, take the following actions to enter:
- Dress your dog in one of Bret’s famous, iconic looks and take a photo of it. You can choose any look that is commonly associated with Bret. Some options include: Football Bret, Motorcycle Bret, Country Rocker Bret, or your favorite On-Stage Rocker Bret complete with signature bandana and shades.
- Submit your photo via the submission form on this page: http://bretmichaels.com/rockyourpet/rockyourpet.html You must fill out all fields and consent to us using your photo by clicking the “Yes” button before you submit.
Limit: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON DURING CONTEST PERIOD. Any attempt to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate e-mail accounts will result in disqualification.
Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below, and that Sponsor may disqualify you if it believes that your Submission fails to conform.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals (or their parent or legal guardian, in the case of minors) who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth in Section 6. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork;
- The Submission must not prominently feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: By posting a Submission, you represent and warrant that the Submission complies with these Official Rules and you grant to Sponsor (and its designees) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate the Submission into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will be asked to sign documentation for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. By submitting a Submission, you affirmatively consent that Sponsor (and its designees) may use and share your Submission (including your image and viewing information) with third parties for up to 2 years or until your consent is withdrawn.
7. Winner Determination: After the Contest Period, submissions that meet the correct submission criteria will be judged by Michaels Entertainment Group who will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner.
The entrant whose Submission received the highest score as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Prize Winner. Odds of winning depend on number and quality of eligible Submissions.
8. Winner Requirements: On or about August 8, 2021, the Potential Winner will be notified via the e-mail address provided in their Submission and will receive instructions from Sponsor for how to complete the prize verification process. If the Potential Winer is a U.S. resident, he or she will be required to complete and sign an IRS Form W-9. If the Potential Winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will also be required to complete a U.S. IRS Form W-8. Potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim his/her/the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, including tax forms, within the required time period (as applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her/the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded.
9. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE ($1,000 total):
1.) $500 Cash Prize: $500 will be awarded to the selected Contest Winner
2.) $500 Pet Charity Donation: $500 will be awarded to the pet-focused 501c3 charity of the Grand Prize Winner’s choice
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only one prize is available to be won in the contest.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
11. Publicity: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, city, state or province, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration.. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness, photo (including winner’s Social Account profile photo) for promotional, advertising, or other purposes worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). 7) any injuries or Death relating to the production of a Submission – please use safety and caution when photographing and transmitting your post. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for California or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
© 2021 BretMichaels.com. All rights reserved.